Leadership Design Academy
This two-day intensive course addresses the growing need for design leadership inside of organizations across industries. We believe that true organizational growth stems from effective and informed design leadership, which paves the way toward beautiful and relevant customer experiences.
Through focused, meaningful discussions and collaborative workshops and activities, we empower attendees with the tools and techniques they need to establish a culture where design thinking is highly valued and more tightly integrated into their organizations.
Leadership Design Academy: New York
We are thrilled to introduce the Leadership Design Academy in New York on November 8 - 9, 2017. The Leadership Design Academy is a unique workshop that helps business and design leaders—from larger organizations to growing startups—with their current challenges by sharing our expertise, techniques, and tools for how to create a culture of design thinking in sync with their company’s purpose and mission that delivers great user and customer experiences. Happy hour will be held at Pergola, located at 36 West 28th Street.
Wed, Nov 8, 2017, 8:30 AM –
Thu, Nov 9, 2017, 4:00 PM EST
151 W 30th Street
New York, NY
Leadership Design Academy: Munich
The Academy will feature Klaas Bollhoefer and Florian Dohmann, two purveyors of data science coupled with artificial intelligence. Bollhoefer was most recently the chief data scientist and evangelist with The Unbelievable Machine Company, Dohmann an independent consultant for data, AI, and digital transformation. Their talents lie in developing cutting-edge strategies, spaces, and products, building sustainable data and AI capabilities, art, and design thinking and coaching.
AI + Creativity – Why We All Need an Enterprise Muse
This event is being hosted in partnership with Idean, the leading global strategy and experience design firm, recently joined forces with Capgemini Consulting.
Thu, Nov 23, 2017, 8:00 AM –
Fri, Nov 24, 2017, 4:00 PM CET
What to expect
An inspiring, highly collaborative, and interactive environment where you can expect to have fun, connect and work with others, and most of all—be present and hands-on! Through a compelling agenda with a varied mix of programming, from presentations to hands-on activities, you'll learn to apply a versatile system that answers:
- Why should businesses invest in design teams and design thinking?
- How is design valued?
- In what ways can we measure the impact of design?
- What do design teams look like in organizations?
- How can you be a more effective design leader?
- What does design innovation look like in a startup and a mature enterprise corporation?
Who should attend?
Product, business, marketing, engineering and design leaders, and executives who want to create a culture that delivers valuable and engaging customer experiences.
- UX Design Manager, Honda R&D Lab
- Design Strategy, Walmart
- Director of User Experience, Siemens
- Senior Manager of UX, LinkedIn
- UX Team Design Manager, LG Silicon Valley Lab
- Senior, Product Manager, Hilton Worldwide
- Global UX Lead, Ericsson
- Business Advisor, SEB
- Head of Industrial Design, Rolls-Royce
- HMI, Technical Specialist, Jaguar/Landrover
- Director Digital Product Mgt, USAA
- Head of BMW Advanced Technology Center, BMW
- Senior Director of Digital Media Product, Accuweather
- UX Lead, Bosch
- Vice President of Innovation Network, Citi Ventures
- Head of Design, Corporate Social Responsibility, Cisco
- Director of UI / UX, Samsung Research
- Head of Software, HP
- CEO, Alma Media Partners
- Head of Design, Ericsson
- Executive Director, Hyundai Ventures
- Global Digital Transformation Leader, 3M
- VP of Design, Macmillan Publishers
- SVP, Product Head, City National Bank
Instructors & mentors
What people are saying
The program is great for anyone who is building products - this is the perfect place to learn, hear from others about those experiences, and how to solve those in best possible way.
—Mika Majapuro, Product Marketing Director, F-Secure
As a Design Leader, what we all have in comm on whether in a small or in a large corporation, is that we have to learn the value of design, and design leadership, and a design-driven organizational culture. And that is something that was discussed a lot here at the Academy.
—Tobias May, Head of Banking Experience at Deutsche Bank
Can't make these dates?
Stay in the loop as new dates are announced! We hate spam, so we promise to
keep your information safe.
We are committed to making all of our classes available to anyone who wants to leverage the power of design to change the world. If funding is stopping you from joining us, apply for a scholarship today!